jeudi, mai 04, 2006

The N Word and Michael Schulman

Hullo there people to whom speak the languege of Britons, in which I have inhabited, I would like to say a few words: VIA ET TOUT LE RESTE LA!
Yes, I know, pardon my French...literally...and I would also like to talk aboot Michael Shulman, a talented aspiring writer and director who made a wonderful documentary entitled The N Word and is currently working on a new documentary, "Without a Voice" both of the films from what I heard, are indeed important masterpieces and it is my duty to spread the word of his cinematic genius. I have also read bits of his screenplay (in which I forgot, sorry) about a man using writing as a thearpy to find himself. It looks like we have the next Terry Zwigoff or John Waters or perhaps even Stanley Krubrick here, basically a man with a hell of a lot of talent. Michael Schulman RULES!!!
I met this kind man at The TartanRoadFilm festitval when I had just watched an amazing film entitled 'Tancicle' (and I wonder who directed THAT) the music videos were coming on so I left to get something to eat and drink. In the cafteria I saw a young man, perhaps a college student, holding two screenplays and talking to some people sitting down on a couch. I began talking to him, starting off by asking,

"So, what film did you make?"

...and he responded, "The N Word" I ended up showing him my script, he liked it and he showed me his script, I LOVED IT, plus I learned that there are actually other programs other than Microsoft word (hee-hee) we talked for hours and then his friend Peter Marvillo (who made two great films, one humorous, one serious) and we were conversing aboot film and genres. One of the things I asked him was this:

"Would you ever consider making a film which showed racism....that's not a documentary?"

and he responded, "Well, it's a different expirence from just thinking up something like Crash(2004) then to interview people on the street and see their opinon on the view. It's not as complicated."

And that is one of the greatest responses I have ever heard, this young man is going to go far and I am going to email him to present a screenplay I wrote, I think he would like it...I hope he likes it

Visit his blog:

http://michaelschulman.blogspot.com

current mood: WHEEEEE!!!